Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Manpower n SOPHIE KINSELLA


Today I woke up kinda earlier than I normally do cos I wanted to go to another jobs agency. So I went to Manpower. Thought, da' place would have these sorta welcoming ambience. Instead, it was like entering a Saoron's territory from Lord of The Rings. Da' indian lady was sitting at receptionist counter and suppose to assist people like me. But she didn't, I mean, she did tell me what 2 do n so and so, but da' way she did that was unacceptable. There's NO smile n NO Warm attitude at ALL. Luckily I was treated nicely at AllStaff after da' horrible experience at Manpower.


After da' hunting-jobs-sessions, I then hit da' BORDERS at QUeensbay mall. Browsing thru all da' books there n I came accross with Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic's series. Wish I had money n time spending on her books. I've just finished reading one of her books entitled THE UNDOMESTIC GODDESS. Love da' story line, especially 1st half page of this book. It's so hillarious when u can see da' transition of former successful attorney to soon-to-be domestic goddess. Samantha was a very workaholic attorney until one day she was fired bcos of 1 mistake that screwed her life. Then she took a train and end up somewhere in London where she's wind up getting a job as a maid. However, I dun really like da' ending cos she turned down da' offer to getting back at her previous work. I'm not gonna tell u da' whole story....dun wanna be a spoiler. Go n get one OK!!!!


Oops, actually I wanna talk about da' other book by same author. OK, same place at BORDERS, once I spot da' Sophie's books on da' 2nd row of bookshelves, took out CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET-which, many of her fans claim this is a must-read. Found a perfect place n started read it from chapter 1 to chapter 5. Didn't noticed it was nearly 4pm, gotta get going cos dun wanna miss volleyball. I'll be at BORDERS next time to continue my reading.

At da' volleyball court, got a call from my EMAK, telling me bout' someone from PSDC couldn't reach me via my phone then called me at home. Then, check my email, n.......read da' subject of da sender "you are shortlisted". So grateful...yes, I am. Shortlisted under Fairchild Semiconductor company. And suddenly it hit me cos da' orientation day is on da' same day with one-day job at E&O hotel. Urghhhhh.....gotta give up either one. Obviously have to say NO to da' E&O hotel.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn good your English...tabik springgggg....