Sunday, September 9, 2007

An Unforgettable Experience - CiBEC.

I mentioned bout' CiBEC in my previous post. So 2day I'm gonna tell y'all bout this CiBEC thingy.

I got a phone call one nite from my sis to inform about invitation letter sent by Telekom Malaysia (TM) n I was like….apa dia?..kinda blurred bcoz I didn’t apply to attend such a course. It was a 1-month course 4 graduate to sharpen their skills in various disciplines. The course is called CiBEC which stands 4 Certificate in Business English and Communication
. Then I said…Y not..give it a shot, after all it just a 1-month…not like a 1 or 2 years. Plus free 6 meals daily…sounds good huh. Besides I got nothing better to do or any paid-job…poor me.

Da’ registration day was held on 17th of Jun. Arrived at 12 noon something…I was like a gov officer as I approached da’ registration counter bcos I didn’t see or should I say could hardly c any male-participant wearing formal attire.Huhuhuhuhu….luckily I didn’t put da’ tie on.

It took me less than 30 minutes to complete da’ entire process of registration. Had my weight checked n took my room’s key n bla..bla..bla….hostel time….it was 23 storey height n mine was at 17th floor. Can u guys imagine how height da hostel was?...Scarry huh? Not 2 mention my room had a verandah n a nice cutie sink with 2 beds but 1 wardrobe….1 wardrobe for 2 persons?....do they want us to share?..frankly I dun mind, it just not rite. Anyway I did enjoy da’ beautiful Bukit Larut view n da’ spectacular night skyline from da’ verandah.

Oh ya….gotta tell ya bout’ da’ water. It was like an iced-cold-water freshly taken from refrigerator n it remain da’ same regardless of whether it's day or night. I tell u, da’ moment u sprinkle or splash some of ‘em on ur face ur gonna have da’ sudden-shocked-feeling afterwards....huhuhuhu

OK..enuff said bout’ da’ room n all that..let me begin da’ ice-breaking session of CiBEC participants. Officially, I did da’ pre-icebreaking with my roommate. Well…da’ ice wasn’t too hard to break. He’s Johorian…nice block. Everything went well…u know stuff like activities dat involve every1 of us. Of cos I’m not gonna tell every single n detailed moment dat happened during 1-month course.

Put it dis way, we had been equally divided into 6 groups which was from group A to F. Mine was group F. It just took us, like…4 days 2 get 2 know each other very well. Da’ bond got even stronger when we were in "WIN, LOSE or DRAW" competition. Guess wut?...We won…I did answer 4 da’ proverb-segment which was Trina who did da’ drawing n it was ‘A Stitch in Time Saves Nine’ huhuhu so proud ok…ahakzzzz

Here’s our catchy CHEERS:

Who’s da best y’all
FFFFF
Who’s da’ best group
FFFFF
F stands for
FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL


After dat we had Nite Walk on Saturday nite n da’ next day we had a Tulip Expedition which we gotta hike up Maxwell Hill aka Bukit Larut. Da’ distance was 10.3 km….sound crazy to me but I did it….in fact I was da’ 3rd person of Group F reached da’ finish line. Ironically, none of us had a glimpse of Tulip…mmm..it supposed to be “Finding-Nonexistence-Tulip-Expedition
” instead. Anyway, on da’ way 2 da’ finish line, we had da’ opportunity of viewing da’ panoramic view of Taiping City n never-seen-b4 creatures.

Da’ day b4 nite walk, we had to pick any topic n present in front of da’ class. I’d no idea it was purposely done in order 2 choose 6 representatives of each class or groups 4 Public Speaking competition which was going 2 be held on 2nd week. My topic was “imitation goods” or faked products. Somehow I managed 2 delivered da’ msg n da’ nitemare suddenly knocked on my door when Mdm Sandra (one our facilitators) announced da’ name 4 public speaking competition. I was one of ‘em…like it or not…had no choice…had to. Surprisingly n effortlessly I did sorta well (I guess) on da’ actual day. Untill now, still can’t believe dat I’ve unlocked da’ hidden so-called undiscovered talent…uiksss….hehehehehe

Then we had Drama competition. Our group sent 3 reps only. Da’ tittle of our drama was “
Rapunzel Potter Wannabe & The Sorcerer’s Moustache”. It’s a combination of Shrek, Rapunzel, Snow White n a bit injection of Malay tradition 2 make it looks like so Malaysia. But…we just practiced 1 hour b4 da’ actual show….wut can u xpect then?

Let’s talk bout’ Sport tournament. We had football, volleyball n netball. To make things more interesting, male-dominated sport like football n volleyball would be played by gal n vice-versa. Unthinkable?....nah…not anymore….loved da’ every moment of that. So I played netball with dat “pass me da’ ball
“ look on my face. Da’ face I reserve 4 only netball….oh yah, I was in da’ centre position..yer know..da capital C one. It’s so damn tiring .

Now…
Poco-poco
time…it’s somekinda Javanese sorta dance. Initially I just followed my frends 2 da’ place where they practiced da’ move n all dat. Saw da’ steps n tried to imitate my frend’s …not 2 mention da’ music soooooooo catchy…as a result, it turn out 2 be hard-2-say-No-to poco-poco. It’s like 5-10 minutes to master da’ whole things. Amazing huh?..hehehehe…wanna catch me during da’ poco-poco performance?...I got da’ clip...huhuhuhuhu

Last but not least, da’
Graduation Nite was fabulous. The décor of the venue transformed the graduation hall into a glitzy n glamorous sorta Golden-Globe-Award-Ceremony. After that, all group F members gathered at sepak takraw court. It was our final meeting n each one of us had to say final word n say farewell to each others. It was hard 2 xplain da’ feeling and stuff after 28 days been 2gether n it was like ur making a huge glass and ready to use when suddenly you gotta break it into pieces. How sad it is…Well said, everything dat has a beginning, has an end. Without a doubt, I’m sure NONE of every CiBEC participant Cohort V would soon forget all da’ times we had together…Gonna MIZZ Y’ALLLLLLLLLL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where the poco-poco dance clip..??