Sunday, October 12, 2008

3rd day of Hari Raya & Merisik


On 3rd Hari Raya, we didn't go to any house or anywhere. Basically we just clean our house n getting stuff ready as later that night, we wud hv a special visitor coming. By special visitors, I mean, a delegation from my soon-to-be-brother-in-law coming for a small pre-engagement ceremony. In short, it's also known as MERISIK in Malay term.


Anyway, wut is Merisik?..well, as far as I know, merisik is somekinda of verbal inquiry of asking d-soon-to-be bride's agreement regarding d-intended marriage as well as asking an approval from d-parents of d-soon-to-be bride. Both parties would be having a small talk..bla..bla....n will discussing about d-up coming engagement ceremony n also to set up d-date. However, in some place, there also touch a bit on d-dowry issue while discussing take place.

If everything goes according to the plan, d-final moment or stage of d-merisik would be d-placing-ring moment where d-mother of d-soon-to-be groom would placing the ring on d-soon-to-be bride's finger and that ring would be a mark of d-unspoken "I'm not availabe anymore". Yeah rite....

So, as both parties have planned, d-delegation from d-groom's side showed up at 8.30pm something. Well, I shud hv worn something more decent than wearing a short n yellow T. Hahaha....Actually I was just got back from Ipoh, Medan Gopeng Bus Station. Realized of how indecent my outfit was, I rushed back to my mom's room n grabbed anything that looked like sarong or kain pelikat n put on it. Then, I saw this javanese songkong alike ( i dunno wut they call that stuff) on d-wordrobe n I put it on. Well, how do I look?.....hehehehe


Welcome to Bali Bapak2x...Ibuk2x....hehehe. Me n Nana


I didn't wear that stuff for d-whole merisik event. It just not suitable at all, I guess. Anyway, as d-process of intoduction, d-body of d-event n d-conclusion of d-whole merisik-thingy taking place, I had to do d-photographer part where I had to capture every priceless moment especially d-placing-ring moment.


Oh yeah, my mom with Mak Uda (my mom's sis) an also with other helpers had prepared a very sinfully delicious earlier that day. They made Laksa, nasi impit with peanut sauce, rendang, pulut kuning...wut else huh?...forgot edi.

hehehe,....Daim Darwisy was throwing a tantrum n d-mom had to smile while welcoming d-delegations

And that day also, Daim Darwisy wore a blue malay traditional outfit n match with his mom's. But, he threw a tantrum d-moment d-delegations came in. So Angah n her hubby had to get in d-car n drove him around d-residence until he fell sleep. Hehehehe...now u know being a mother is not as easy as it looks.

from left: Nana (d-soon2-b bride), Angah n Saidatul Akma (cousin)

Posing after d-delegations left

All in all, d-whole merisik-thingy went well n we were really grateful for everything. So Nana is officially not available anymore. Take note!...Opps sorry, I've forgotten to mention it here that d-pre-engagement ceremony was for my 2nd younger sister which was NANA n her soon-to-be husband (Insya-Allah) Rizal. With Allah's willing, the engagement day will be held next year.

2 comments:

Ren said...

Hang bile pulak? Mak hang kata ramai yang merisik heheheheh.

Anonymous said...

So,when's you turn..?? Just wonder who's the lucky girl..hehe.. :-)