Saturday, October 11, 2008

2nd day of Hari Raya


I was d-2nd last person got up from d-bed. When I was making my way to d-loo, I noticed that everyone was already dressing up. Well, I've always been either 2nd last or last person getting ready or getting prepared 4 anything. Hahaha

Once done with d-dress, I had a nasi lemak 4 breakfast. There's only one nasi lemak left on d-table, obviously it's mine.

I was taking a bath while they all do d-photoshoot without me...


1st Hari Raya for Daim Darwisy, flanked by his father n his mother

So, we began our raya visit to my father's uncle's home. As we about to get outta car, there were bunch of people on bike came in. We called it "bara-an" n it's in Javanese term. Usually there'r 2 groups of Bara-an which is male's group n female's group. And each group consist of young n old folks of d-village n they will go n stop by from 1 house to other house. Normally they will spend like 3-5 minutes each house b4 resuming their Bara-an activities. To me, this kinda activity shud be continued as it will strengthen d-unity amongst d-Muslim community.

After spending like 30 minutes, we continue our visit to one of my mom's auntie. Prior to that, we had promised with my mom's siblings to meet there as we were a bit late. There were, Mak Alang's family, Mak Uda's, Pak Anjang's, Cik Zai's n Ucu's. Everyone was there except 1 or 2 family members which couldn't make it to this year's Hari Raya.

Then, five cars headed to another relatives of ours. For this year's raya, I've decided not to touch on Hari Raya cookies which I find too common. I'd only get my hand on those cookies which rarely seen or found. So, of all d-raya visit so far, I find this cookies quite nice n was made of green peas, I believe. Huhuhu.....

see...I ate more than 5 edi


Oh yeah, whnver I saw Batang buruk at any house, I'd definitely try some. I dunno Y old folks call it "
Batang Buruk", to me it doesn't look buruk at all...LOL. Well, if u literally translate d-name of d-cookies it's called UGLY STICK, correct me if I wrong. Huhuhu....just look at d-pic below. Does it look UGLY?


Batang Buruk

At this stop, we called d-head of d-house MAT KUDIN..I dunno d-spelling, but it sounds like that though. Everytime we pay a visit at his place, he, even without asking, would sing any numbers of traditional songs. Well, he claimed that he was better than M Daud Kilau during d-era of that kinda genre which M Daud Kilau was into. Anyway, wut I wanna share with u guys, he held Daim Darwisy n started singing a song. The 1st verse was ok, then he continued d-2nd verse n suddenly d-lyrics turned into stg which I find rather disgusting to listen to, especially when all d-family members from grandma to great-grandchild was there. U shud listen to those lyrics.

Hers's d-exceprt of d-lyrics....


" timang tinggi-tinggi

sampai puncak atap

belum tumbuh tinggi

ambil sabun dia melancap "



Y dun u guys juz watch d-clip. My sis managed to take that shot...




D-moment we hear d-word MELANCAP or in english MASTURBATE, we'r like...o ok, that's TOO much. But then, I still can hear laughter from some of us, or perhaps they just pretend to like wut they heard. Duhhhhh...And my mom was actually didn't like it but still manage to produce an instant smile. So was I....

Okay, enuf with that bad stuff. After listening to d-unwanted songs, we went to another relatives' home at Batu 38, Sabak Bernam. They served us with freshly-cooked fried mee. It was spicy n nice. Then, my family headed back to my grandma's home (father's side) while d-rest headed back to Bagan Terap. We had a rest n I took a nap bout 1 or 2 hours.

At 5.30 pm, we packed our belongings n drove to Bagan Terap n joined them having a barbeque. It's been like an annual barbeque party n normally we hv fish, squids, prawns as well as chicken to be grilled. While watching them patiently waiting n keep d-fire as well as d-grill going well, I went to d-other side of d-house. That side was used to be artificial ponds. I still remember where me n other cousins catch some fishes using a somekinda fishing rod but it was made of from bamboo stick. It's not exactly like d-ones that we normally c, cos at d-end of d-rod, it has two bamboo-sticks intersect n got a net tied at each end of d-sticks. So that it can catch as much as possible. I wonder if u guys can picture it out. Huhuhuhu...sorry I'm not good at describing things.

Anyway, since it's getting dusk, I was trying to capture d-priceless moment n to tell y'all, my grandma's home is surrounded with greeny paddy field. That'll make d-whole thing even great. While I was happily snapping, fortunately I noticed there was a leech climbing up on my leg. I wore short at that time...huhuhu. Promptly I pull out that creature n playing around with that thing as if I didn't scared at all. I used to freak out whnvr that kinda thing ever touch on my skin. I guess, not now leech, as I'm stronger inside out. Hahaha..yeah rite. Then, I put that thing down n asked one of my cousin to take some salt n sprinkle on it. It's been like ages since d-last time seeing d-leech died from d-salt...hehehe, I kinda enjoyed doing that stuff. Actually there was another leech hid in-between my foot finger. Lucikily I noticed that...or else, that vampire-alike creature gonna suck my VIRGIN blood...hahaha.

paddy field at Parit 13, Bagan Terap, Sungai Besar, Selangor


d-pacat or leech that didn't hv much time to suck my blood


Then, d-head of d-barbeQ party called us in to eat la...huhuhu. At 8pm, we had to get going as we still had another raya visit before we heading back to Ipoh. After all d-forgiving-session, we went to Wak Lijah's house, one of my father's sis. This year's Hari Raya, Wak Lijah didn't make her signature cookies. It's made of tempe, nuts n it's a bit sipcy. Forgot to ask her Y she didn't make it. Anyway, before we left, Wak Lijah handed me Angpau aka duit raya as well as another packet of candy which comes with 1 ringgit coins. Hahahaha...kinda funny though cos I tot I'll never get duit raya since I'm working edi.


As of that nite, I got more than 5 ringgit n below 10 ringgit duit raya...hehehehe


3rd day of Hari Raya entry coming up soon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This Mat Kudin is a very funny guy. It's like a male version of Makcik Teh (remember?). Better watch out Nas.. he..he..