Thursday, October 9, 2008

1st day of Hari Raya

This is my 2nd Hari Raya where I didn't go to mosque for Raya Prayer. It's not bcus I wake up late or not feeling well, it just that I didn't feel d-mood of Hari Raya. So I decided not to go...wut the heck. Duhhhh

To add, this was my 2nd Hari Raya where our family celebrate
in Ipoh since my younger sis got married. The 1st one, she was preggy n d-2nd one, which was this year's Hari Raya, one new member joined in, Daim Darwisy.

Normally, two days or a day before 1 Syawal, we would drive back south to Sabak Bernam, Selangor. U know, for early preparation like making a rendang, kuah kacang = peanut sauce, weave d-ketupat, filling d-ketupat with d-rice n stuff. I kinda missed all of that. Besides, I spent most of my childhood in Sabak Bernam, so, u know, all d-sweet memories were still there.

Anyway, after skipping d-essential part of Hari Raya, which was Raya Prayer, got myself cleaned up n put on d-unconventional outfit for d-1st day of Hari Raya. Hahaha...I didn't buy traditional malay oufit aka Baju Melayu. So I wore a brown-ish corduroy pant n perfectly paired with dark brown top. To make it even nicer, I put on my newly bought cardigan n picked up my bro in law's guitar n tadaaa....


wanna hear Hari Raya song?...hehehe

I didn't wear d-cardigan d-whole day okay. Just for d-pic. Anyway, picture above reminded me of me taking a photo with my younger sis, Angah, when we were kids. I can't recall d-year. However, the only thing that linger in my min
d was, after or before my pic was taken, I'd been crying over stg which I can't recall. Huhuhuhu...See pic below.


a very innocent guitarist

A day before, I went shopping at Ipoh Prade. And cardigan was one of d-stuff I wanted to buy. So, I put on 2 cardigans n ended up d-ones that I wore on 1st Hari Raya. Wut do u think of these two cardigans?..which one shud I've bought?...or, did I make a right choice...u decide...huhuhu


I kinda like this, but...it's too safe 4 me....hahahaha


hmm.....very unconventional to me....huhuhu

So, our 1st visit was, my sis's mother in law's house. Angah n her husband were already there. The 1st thing that I noticed, d-table was flowing with satay, nasi impit, peanut sauce, Laksa, rendang...hmm..wut else...forgot edi...I had all of them but in small portion. Huhuhu....


Nana, my mom (centre) n Amirul...please ignore d-yellow date (forgot to edit d-date)


Family portrait from Angah's n Azmir's side

After that, our whole family consist of my parent, myself, Angah, her husband n her son, Nana n Amirul off to Sabak bernam. To be precise, we headed to our g
randma's home, from my father's side at Batu 38, Sabak Bernam. It took about 2 hours n we arrived at 3.30pm. Sadly, nobody's home. So, my father called his sis which I address her as "Wak" or auntie n we'r told that our grandma was at Wak Miss's home. Off we went to Wak Mis's home.

Daim Darwisy: "I can't wait to get my 1st Duit Raya....."

I must say, candy kacang is never failed to be served during Hari Raya in Wak Miss's house. And also Almond London. Oh yeah, to me Almond London is overrrrr-rated already...huhuhu. U guys shud try d-candy kacang. It's sweet n of cos, peanut-based. So, as I greeting my Wak n my grandma, my eyes were practically searching 4 d-candy kacang n there u r, with other Hari Raya cookies, sinfully served on the table. But, I
juz nibbled away with selected cookies only.

This is CANDY KACANG.......

After I had all of 'em, not all, juz some, I moved into d-dining room where all the Malay traditional cuisine were ready to be messed up on d-round-shaped table. There were, 2 types of chicken dishes, rendang, nasi impit n others...more or less were same. Seriously, I was so fulllllll...

Then at 6pm we headed to Bagan Terap, Sungai Besar, Selangor. It's my grandma's home from my mom side. We had a rest b4 resume our Hari Raya visit to Sungai Lima, another sis of my father which I called her Wak L
eha. Prior to that, Daim Darwisy got himself a hand-made kopiah which was orderd by my mom a month before Ramadan from a friend (Religious teacher aka Ustazah) of my mom’s sister in law. The best thing was, we can have our name on it. So cute......

he looked sleepy, tired perhaps


look at his nose, he scratched that


At Wak Leha's home, we had a bit different dishes from d-ones that I had ealier. I dunno wut it's called but d-sauces was spicy. I LIKED it...I like anything but SPICY....try me. The HOTTER d-better. I was really indulged myself with that stuff until I forgot to take d-pic of that dish. Huhuhu

After that, at 10.30pm, we drove back to Batu 38 n decided to stay a night there.


Ok, 2nd day of Hari Raya entry coming up soon.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both cardigan is worth buying. The first one is very classic n elite, while the latter is very retro-pop-night-club feeling. Obviously, the pink cardigan suit your personality better.