Thursday, October 16, 2008

4th day of Hari Raya with my X-SMKA SLIM RIVER schoolmates


Of all day of Hari Raya, this particular day was d-most tiring day that I've ever had. On 1st day of Hari Raya, Faridin buzz me n telling me bout d-reunion-thingy n we agreed to meet at Tapah on Jumaat which was on 4th Hari Raya. I kinda bz with works, only yesterday n today I manage to squeeze my time juz to put n share my days with d-REAL BICTHES of ALL TIMES in my blog. Hehehe

Let me begin....I left home at 9.25 am n had to fetch Yunus. I wanted to buy d-ticket a nite b4 but d-counter was closed. There's only 1 bus which is SriMaju bus (again, I had no choice despite of countless bad experiences with Srimaju) that go directly from Ipoh to Tapah/Bidor. Unfortunetaly, when we got there, there's only 1 seat available. So my father had to take us to another bus station at Medan Kid where we had to take a daily bus. Hmmm...I haven't taken any daily bus in years, so I was quite thrilled actually...hahah, yeah rite.

So, we arrived at Tapah around 12.45pm. Faridin n Rashid were already there. It's been 2 years since d-last time I met Rashid. Well, there's nothing major different about Rashid. He will always be d-shortest among us...Hahahaha. Just kidding Rashid. Anyway, both of 'em wore a very vibrant Purple n Red Malay Traditional Outfit respectively. Apparently their Raya Spirit as strong as their outfit's color. Huhuhu

from left: Rashid, Azemer, Yunus, me, Shahrin n Faridin

Then, we drove safely to Shahrin's house. His house is about 1 to 2 km away from d-Tapah's bus station. As we approaching Shahrin's house, we noticed that his relatives were swarming d-house. Fortunately we had Rashid, d-ones with all d-PR skills. Hehehehe.....we let him do d-grown-ups conversations stuff. While Rashid doing his stuff, we helped ourselves with all d-foods served on d-table. I was pretty hungry as I hadn't taken any heavy meal that day. Oh yeah, before that, our 1-year senior joined us. We call him Abg Azemer n surprisingly, he gained some weight. That's good 4 him cos d-last time I saw him ( about 10 years ago) he's so thin. We spent like, 1 n half hours before we continue our Raya convoy.

We haven't had a laugh this hard in a very long time

Next stop was Azemer's house at Slim River. Azemer left Shahrin's house 1st as he had to do some preparation 4 us. Then, we moved on n took highway Plus. As we driving down on main street at Slim River, we made a left turn as we all tot that was d-right way. Actually, it wasn't n we kinda lost...hahahaha. We still remember how we escaped from coming to class by giving an excuse to d-in-charge teacher. Normally we told any teacher that we had health-problems or anything related to health n wanted to see doctor. And, once we get d-permission, we went to c d-doc n asked d-doc to give any medicine n we made up story, bla..bla..then we go to Azemer's house n hang out there up untill 5 pm stg. After that get back to school b4 6pm. Hehehe, that's wut we do when we were in form 4 n 5. It's like a weekly basis visit to d-clinic. Hahaha...so mischievous!!!

Anyway, when we arrived at Azemer's house, her mom said he's buying something. Then her mom let us in n showed us some photos where she went vacations in Europe. Wow, we were really impressed. Later, Azemer came in n served d-Cendol where he claimed it's d-best Cendol in Slim River. It did....very nice ones. I also had this cookies..dunno wut it's called but d-filling is chocolate. As we leaving, Azemer's mom handed each one of us Angpau = duit raya n she said use that money to buy ice-cream..hehehe

at Azemer's front yard

Then we resumed our convoy to Danny's house (Shahrin's friend) at Tanjung Malim. On d-way to his house, one of us suggested to stop by at our former school, SMKA SLIM RIVER since it's same route to Danny's. I was so thrilled to stop by at d-school where I learned about SOMETHING....hahahaha. Something which I won't forget 4 d-rest all my life. Nay...learned all d-good stuff kay. I think, someday, I'll be posting all my experiences when I was at this awesome school. Huhuhuhu...we'll see.

So, we entered d-main gate n d-security guard let us in. OK, that's weird cos he just let us in without asking if we wanted to break-in or just visiting a teachers. Besides, it's school holiday rite?...wuteva.

This is d-place or hall where I took my PMR n SPM

We parked right at d-front of d-main building n office of SMKA Slim River where d-daily assembly normally take place. Oh MY LORD.....d-moment I step out of d-car, a huge wave of images from 1995 up until 1999 started to come back in a flash. From Ustaz Musa to Cikgu Zaili, from Teacher Kamariah to Ustazah Arbaiyah, and to Hasb....forgot his name...hehehehe. Anyway, we went straight to d-main stage n took some photo there. Gosh....this sacred place is like a nightmare for me as I was $%^%&^%&*^&* right there. Hahahahaha.....so nostalgic.


This is where we have d-daily assembly

Actually, one of d-reason we stopped by was, Rashid brought along tennis racket n we desperately wanna play tennis 2gether. Well, I wasn't really that desperate ok...they were. Hehehe...so off to d-tennis court. As we approaching d-court, all of us looked at each other in disbelief cos d-court n d-surrounding looked like it was abandon years2x ago.

Wut's happened to d-SEMEKASRIAN ????....do they never played any sport huh? Or d-school had prohibited them from any sport activities?..I dunno, but d-courts looked SO HIDEOUS !!! But still, it didn't deter us to play, even three of us was wearing Baju Melayu somemore. So we played for about 30 minutes n it's just 4 fun only....hehehehe. All I can say, Rashid's skill n performance way too good or shud I say, 2 levels higher compared to us. To add, he used to be a UPM Tennis varsity player. Wait...just a reserved player, according to him la. Hehehe


Look at d-court n d-surrounding....*sigh*


this pis taken from Sharin's blog....hehehe


After hitting d- tennis court, off we went to Danny's house. He served us with fried mee which he cooked himself. He's a PTD by profession n Shahrin's housemate. That's d-only info I knw about him. Well, he seemed nice n kind. Then at 5.30pm we continued our convoy to Teluk Intan n it's time to say good buy to Azemer as he didn't come with us.


at Danny's house....It's so FAKE!!! hahaha

By 6.30 pm, we arrived at Rashid's house n his father who's always been known 4 his outstanding communcation skill was standing in d-front yard. Hehehe...D-moment he saw me, promptly he said that how he still remember me n praised me like how religious n k ind I was (well, still am)....n how CUTE I was (was I?..hmmm)...I was kinda blushed though. Huhuhu.


We got inside n I saw this cute mangosteen-shaped cookies in a jar. I lift d-lid n took a bite of it..oklah..hehehe. Then Rashid brought a plate of sliced Serawak Cake Lapis. It looked so nice n it's really yummy. And u know how much d-cake cost?...RM90 ringgit stg. My Lord....It makes me think twice if I were to buy this cake. Anyway it's really worth buying as it's VERY DELICIOUS. After that we moved to another table where Lontong which consist of nasi impit, kuah lodeh = coconut gravy/sauce and a bowl of anchovies chili sauce was ser ved. I tell u, d-chili sauce was HEAVENLY. In fact, I ate d-chili sauce alone n cud have eaten all of them as a snack okay!


mangosteen-shaped cookies


looked so nice n colourful


Lontong with d-sinfully anchovies chili sauce...YUMMY


We were savoring d-appetizing LONTONG...yummy...yummy


We didn't spent too long at Rashid's, so at 7.10pm stg we proceed to d-next stop. Faridin's house just 2 km away from Rashid's...not that far. Earlier, Shahrin requested to stop by at d-Chui Chak on d-way to Faridin's. He wanted to capture d-dusk-moment at d-paddy field. Yeah rite, hopefully we didn't accidentally capture d-GHOST as we were taking photos, it was a Maghrib time u know. Huhuhu.....


at Chui Chak


After that, we arrived at Faridin's new house. The bricks ones. Last time was a wooden which still there next to d-new bricks ones. So, got inside n I was really amazed at d-ceiling. It looked like a laminated-floor. Plus, I kinda liked d-incorporations of d-Islamic architectural elements especially at d-top side of d-window. Very nice indeed. As for d-foods, Faridin served us with LEMANG. Those who never tried or eat this stuff, Lemang is a glutinous rice soaked in coconut milk in hallow bamboo tube or stick and cooked over charcoal fire. Sort of la...hehehe...not really sure how to make a Lemang though.



look at d-ceiling - at Faridin's


window - at Faridin's


We had these stuff at Faridin's house


Then, we continued our Raya convoy to Ipoh. We went to Yunus's 1st. And we were served with fried mee. Then our last stop was my house. I told them as a last stop, I'd serve them with ice cream as a dessert or as a closing of our convoy. Hehehe...so, I did served them with ice-cream which I bought a day before. Since night was still young, we decided to go to d-nearest Karaoke Centre to belt out 1 or 2 songs.

at Yunus's house...Shahrin was holding one of Yunus's nephew


outside Yunus's house


at my house


I suggested to hit d-newly open Tesco Store at Station 18, just 1 km away from my house. There got Karaoke room. Off we hit Tesco. Then we got d-room n paid 4 one-hour session. So....I started d-karaoke nite session, followed by Faridin, Rashid, Shahrin n last but not least Yunus. OK, buy d-time we finished d-karaoke session, it was 12 am or 1 am something. Gosh....then, hurriedly, we transfered all d-pictures taken with Shahrin's n Rashid's camera into Rashid's laptop. After that, they dropped me n they headed back to drop Yunus n drove back to Tapah cos they (Rashid n Faridin) decided to stay a night at Shahrin's house.

All in all, it was really2x a BLAST n had really2x GREAT time with y'all. U know wut, whnever being with u guys, all d-problems or anything that might be bothering me would definitely GONE WITH d-WIND or disappeared in d-blue sky. All d-laughter we had, really2x helped me (or at least) to forget THE PERSON WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED. Hahaha.....it's true what. Anyway, even though it was really2x tiring but then, again, it's really worth to hang out n did d-raya convoy with u guys. Hope this Raya Convoy become an annual gathering of ours.

And to Rashid, please BEHAVE ok at Serawak n send my LOVE to BHUTANG as well as to Abg Shahrin, send my lovely HEART to ur BHUTANG. Hope someday I can meet both of them in d- flesh. Hehehe..dun worry, I'm not gonna do any dirty tricks or take one of them away from u guys. Trust me...hahaha


1 comment:

Ren said...

Emmm really great elaborations! And i wonder, if u really forgot HASB.. name???

Do come to my house next time! It wast a pleasure to have all of u.
*wink*