Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hari Raya Open House

Some people say, Hari Raya is d-whole month of Syawal while d-others say d-celebration only last 4 d-1st week of month of Syawal. Regardless of what other people say, I myself feel that we'r supposed to celebrate our victory 4 d-whole month of Syawal. Anyway, I got less than RM15.00 4 this year's Hari Raya angpau , huhuhuhu. Actually I didn't xpect to get angpau since I'm all grown-up already. But hey, always young at heart, 4eva.

If I'm not mistaken today is 24th or 25th of Syawal. Anyhow, I've been to 5 different Hari Raya Open House, so far. Can't resist d-temptation of d-glorious selection of food. Normally, I piled on "Nasi Impit" or "ketupat" and soaked 'em in peanut sauce "kuah kacang" but in small portion coz I dun want to get bloated n mizz d-other appealing foods.

I remember when I had "ikan bakar" or grilled fish which come with tamarind-and-d-unknown-ingredients kinda juice on d-2nd day of Hari Raya at my hometown in Parit 13,Sungai Besar, Selangor. It was like fish-feast where there's lotsa types of fish which I didn't know any of 'em. Besides, squid n prawn also were there and ready to be grilled. And also, plenty of chopped chicken were ready to be placed over d-charcoal fire. I tried all of 'em n dipped 'em into tamarind juice n voila.....kept stuffing myself until my limit meter showed d-warning sign. Huhuhu, but d-only fly in the ointment was, d-smell of d-tamarind which was made of chilli+onion+tamarind paste itself lingered for hours. In fact, I washed my hand like, countless time not to mention different kinda soap that I used. Maybe next time I would defenitely use spoon or folks instead, but to enjoy this kinda foods, using bare hands is highly recommended coz it'll bring more flavour into our foods or wuteva. Hmmm....I should have invented some soap or anti-smelly-tamarind-hand-wash liquid/soap. *grin*

Meanwhile, on the 2nd week, me, Coco, Amzar n Khirwan went to Keadilan Open House. FYI, I'm neither Keadilan supporter nor to oppose 'em. I'd say i'm on d-fence. Anyway, forget about all d-political thing. As usual they have beef rendang, peanut sauce, nasi impit, fried bee hoon, laksa, lemang, ketupat palas n other desserts. I wish I had digital camera so I could take d-pic of those yummy dishes except 4 d-laksa coz d-laksa sauce was too plain. It's free by d-way. LOL

Apart from that, I'd been to Usm's Open House n Niza's (Amzar's friend). I tell u, d-foods was heavenly finger licking good especially at Niza's. Since it's a private open house for a handful of close friends, we were really made ourselves at home. D-hostess was really generous n nice. I started off with some hari raya cookies, then followed by main dishes that afternoon. We were served with a huge bowl of noodles which was soaked with thick sauce and garnished with chopped spring onions, diced tomatoes, spicy soy sauce and others that just made 'em fantastic n awesome. D-moment it was placed on d-table, d-aroma fragrant spices tickled our taste buds. Plus, we'r even given option either d-crispy fried onions or d-crispy fried garlic as a choice of topping. As 4 me, put both, infact, those crispy-things was homemade OK. I thought it's bought from some groceries, but I was wrong. How it taste?...Personally, this one was d-best so far. Trust me, go n ask my other fellow frends which had d-dishes like, 4 times. Amzar was d-1st rank followed by Tani n Coco. Hehehehe......After that, I helped myself to kek lapis serawak n a piece of moist-coating-choclate cake. Then I took d-ketupat-shaped-made-of-sugarpaste part placed at d-sides of d-cake. So childish...huhuhu. Anyway, d-entire day was superb n thank u Niza n family 4 a splendid Hari Raya Open House.

No comments: