Monday, November 3, 2008

my siblings + henna

Angah, Along (that's me), Amirul n Nana

I was flipping thru my old pictures in my external hard disk and stumble upon this memorable pic of me n other siblings.

One thing that I'm very sure bout d-pic above was, the suit that I wore was bought by my late Grandfather when he went on a pilgrimage in Mecca @ Mekah. Hehehe....If u guys noticed, I had hennaed fingernails. Back in my childhood, I really loved having my nail hennaed. During that time, I hennaed frequently n did d-whole nails. Normally, I did d-paste myself with d-help of my other siblings.

We never bought d-ready-to-wear henna, instead we do it ourselves. At my grandma's home, she planted d henna tree or shrubs n whenever I feel like to get hennaed, I just pluck the leaves n remove the stems.

After that, I pound d-removed-stems leaves with pestle and from time-to-time, drop 1 or 2 water just to make it easy to pound. U can stop pounding until u hv a fine n smooth paste. Here's my tips, if u want d-color turn out nicely or very bright red, u can add some ( a bit) grain of left-over cooked rice. To me, d-redder d-better...Hehehehe

No comments: