Wednesday, March 11, 2009

BLOOD

I HAD MY BLOOD DRAWN this morning...If I knew I was going to have my blood taken, I wud have said NO to this program. Well, for starter, I've decided to voluntarily take part in d-Bioequivalence Study which is conducted by the Info Kinetics Sdn Bhd.

What’s Bioequivalence Study?

Basically, they conduct clinical trials and require humans (not a lab rat) for their study. And they need a very healthy human, therefore, before to take part or become as part of their study, those who’r interested need to go thru medical check up.

As for d-medical check up, I was okay with that as I’ve had that before, u know, I attended a boarding school like….15 years back in Slim River. So I tot it juz a normal medical check up.

Anyway, during d-briefing, we were told to go thru different stages for d-medical check up till d-last stage where we had to draw blood. That’s only d-beginning, once we eligible for d-study, drawing blood is a must. Of cos, then how come they wanna c d-results after consuming d-medications. As d-speaker kept talking on n on and my mind was like…take it or…just leave it.

But, I didn’t go back (took half day from work) as I dun want to waste my leave n I tot I shud give it a try first. Went thru one stage to stage until d-last stage..jeng..jeng…to my surprised, d-Malay male doc did very good job. It didn’t hurt at all. FYI, I haven’t donated my blood or haven’t had my blood drawn b4, NEVER, so that’s why I was a bit scared u know…hehehehe.

Ooops, I haven’t answered d-question above, have I?..Well, Bioequivalence Study is a clinical study to compare two products which contains d-same formula or d-ingredients of d-medicine and these two products are produced by different companies. So, basically, we wud take one dose of the, say product A in week 1, then 2 weeks after or more, we wud take product B. Get d-pic?....Basically they wanna c if these two products have a major difference in terms of d-effectivenes and other criteria.

Oh yah, I didn’t voluntarily take part due to d-fact that I am a kind human being or whatnot. It’s because of d-KA CHING…..they will pay u for every medications u take and it depends on wut kinda medication u take. Besides, I can monitor my health thru free thorough physical and medical examinations. Hehehehe….I hope it doesn’t affect my health or anything even though I aware there’s a risk of taking something like drugs or any medications to ur body. Hopefully everything will be fine.

No comments: