Friday, March 27, 2009

Review: Confession of Shopaholic

Isla Fisher as Rebecca Bloomwood aka Becky

I was so excited when I learned bout a popular shopaholic series were being filmed back then n I was looking forward to watching d-movie. U know, especially when u've read d-series until d-latest installment which I believes it's called "shopaholic n Baby something". As for me, I read d-1st installment a year ago. And last night, I watched d-movie at GSC, Queensbaymall.

How's d-movie?

Hang on shopaholic, hold ur breath....take a deep breath...hold on for a sec n release...phewwwwwww....it's a CRAPPPPPPPPPP movie....

Nay...kidding....

The movie was so hilarious. I was a bit sceptical when I discovered that Isla Fisher wud play d-character of Rebecca Bloomwood (Becky) juz bcuz I never heard or watch any of her movie b4. My major concern was, was she capable of playing n translate d-character on screen as Rebecca Bloomwood was portrayed as a spontaneous, witty, unpredictable and wild in d-novel. To me, she did pretty well n as for character of Suze (Rebecca's housemate as well as best friend) it was played by Krysten Ritter.

Kryten Ritter as Suze


Hugh Dancy as Luke Brandon

Anyway, there'r couple of changes here n there to compensate with d-time constrain n other factors. Here's some of d-changes they made:

1) Their first (Becky n Brandon) met was supposed to be in d-conference but in d-movie it was at d-burger/hotdog-street stall.

2) Alicia, which supposedly to be Brandon's PA, was being a staff at fashion magazine where Becky was desperately wanted to be one of d-staff there.

3) Brandon was working as an editor at a financial magazine, he doesn't own d-company which publish d-mag
.

4) Becky was publicly humiliated
by Derek Smith in front of d-audience during her very first appearance at d-Morning or Coffee Show (forgot d-name)

The rest of d-changes, u should go n watch urself...hehehehe

All in all, I kinda like d-changes they made as it somehow make d-storyline somewhat fresh as long as they still keep n stick with d-main idea. I wanna share some of d-secene which I find very funny.

1) My LORD, it's freaking funny when Becky hit d-floor n started showing off her so-called miami-moves with a folding-paper-fan. Gosh...she improvised d-whole dance...hahaha

2) When Becky was coming to work, she run into Derek Smith in a lift. She was kinda curious whether it's Derek or not, so she made a misscall. Then, Derek smiled back n said, "I can always call the number back". Becky was so mortified as earlier, she set a ringtone which she recorded herself n sounded "Dun answer the phone..it's Derek Smith". Hahahaha...get d-pic?...very funny...

3) Again, it's about Becky's so-called dance skill. They had a sorta party n everyone was dancing. Then Brandon approached Becky and asked, "where did u get that moves". She replied, "It comes naturally"...as she replied, Brandon shift his gaze towards Becky's father and his father was doing d-same thing like Becky. And Brandon was seen smiling and said, "no wonder"

Isla Fisher, Sophie Kinsella (d-author of d-shopaholic series) and Hugh Dancy

I can't put all d-funny stuff here...no time to write it all here...better watch than read, rite?..hehehehe. As for d-dialogue, it's not exactly same but it sound more or less like wut I typed above.

My Verdict: 8.95 out of 10

No comments: