Friday, March 13, 2009

Dragonball Evolution

from left: Piccolo's assistant (forgot her name), Bulma, Goku, Master Roshi or something and Chi Chi

Dragonball EVOLUTION……look at d-word of evolution. Clearly it’s gonna be different from d-worldly known manga series called Dragon Ball. Well, changes cud be good and it cud be bad.

Anyway, I’ve never really been a huge fan of d-manga but I did read d-manga till d-finale or last chapter. And I’m sure die-hard fans of d-manga have been waiting n cud hardly wait to watch d-movie n c how d-production team gonna bring everything into d-silver screen. They must be expecting too much, I suppose.

So, how’s d-Dragonball Evolution movie?

I watched d-movie yesterday at GSC Penang around 5.30pm. I missed d-first 2-3 minutes of d-movie as I went out for loo. Anyway, as I approached my seat, Goku was fighting (practicing) with his grandpa, Gohan, on rope. And d-next scene, Goku went to school by bicycle n his bicycle was crashed into by a sporty car. Then d-driver step out n said harsh things to Goku, but he didn’t want 2 fight as his grandpa told him not to. Oh yah, those fellas called him Geeko instead of Goku.

As d-scene took place, came in a group of gals n these fellas joined them as one of d-fella said “beauties awaits”..stg like that. And one of d-gals caught Goku’s eyes and both of them exchanged sorta flirty looks with each other. That gal (she was seen kissing Harry Potter in 4th or 5th series, not sure) happened to be Chi Chi, u know, Goku’s wife-to-be, that’s wut happened in d-manga rite?...correct me if I wrong.

The rest of d-story….buy a ticket n watch urself kay..hehehe

How’s d-movie going?...hmmm, I wud say, it’s WAAAAAAAY too rushed, as a film. They might hv missed out some of d-details like..errrr..I dunno, but d-way they introduce each one of d-character was, just okay as well as how d-characters develop as d-plot progress.

I’m not gonna touch bout d-effect n stuff as u’all know Hollywood movies are good at it. I liked Bulma’s gadget n it looked sorta like d-ones u saw in d-manga. "COOL", that's wut Goku said d-moment he saw how a capsule turned into a vehicle.

By nature, I mean, be it comic or manga or novel based story, d-duration time wud be, at least 2 n a half hours long. Instead, it was 1 hour n 20 minutes stg. I was like, duhhh….too fast u know. There’s nothing much u can expect from d-movie as they crammed the movie into one hour and 20 mnts stg. The director must had a crazy time to put everything into this film. Next time, for d-2nd installment, hopefully they stretch into 2 n half hours. So that, people like me wud feel d-satisfaction of watching a full action-packed kinda movie like Dragonball.

Verdict: 5.95 out of 10

No comments: